Sunday, July 25, 2010

Limonada

My secret ingredient.






Just a quick blog tonight. We love Limonada in PV. It is nothing like lemonade we are used to in the US. What is different about it? Well, first of all it is made with sparkling water or mineral water as it is called in PV.

I tried making my own by squeezing fresh limes and adding sugar or Splenda. Actually the results are pretty good, but somewhat labor intensive.

When my friend Joan was down
last winter she came up with the idea of using Limón Tang! Just add two liters of sparkling water to one packet. Voilà! Limonada.

Then we carried it a step farther by adding chopped apples, oranges, maybe a squeezed lime or two. Now pour in some red wine and you have made some great Sangria! Or white wine if that is your preference, but not as pretty. ;) Sometimes I just make the pitcher of limonada, then let guests add red or white wine to their individual glass as they prefer, or leave it virgin. Try it when you are really hot! Amazingly refreshing!


¡Pase un buen día!-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment